Nanosheet with a hole¶
|VNL: Nanosheet Platforms: This quick tutorial shows you how to make a small defect in graphene, viz. a hole, and passivate it with hydrogen atoms to saturate all the bonds.|
Here are the instructions:
- Step 1: Click .
- Step 2: Set n=1, m=1 and click Build. This inserts a simple orthorhombic unit cell of graphene.
- Step 3: Use to make a larger structure. A repetition of 1x6x6 is suitable.
- Step 4: Press Ctrl+R in the plot window, to center the view.
- Step 5: Switch to the circle select tool .
- Step 6: Select a hexagon, press Delete on the keyboard.
- Step 7: Click the passivate button on the toolbar.